Can you believe it has been a year since we gathered for the Better Gun Violence Reporting Summit?
Challenges have only multiplied but we’re still working on prevention and we know you are too.
Here’s a partial summary of Summit outcomes that you helped create:
• We launched the Center for Gun Violence Reporting at Community College of Philadelphia
• We just launched the Credible Messenger Reporting Project
• We published a list of best reporting practices informed by the Summit
• We collaborated on another research project and have more in the works
• We started publishing a weekly Philadelphia gun violence tracker
• We see more news organizations are sharing resources for victims and survivors
• We see our embeddable shooting victims dashboard in more and more places
• We see that Billy Penn is hiring a part-time gun violence solutions reporter
• We have tracked impact on patient care, in the community, research, arts and journalism education
• We have modestly supported a diverse group of 82 conference presenters, event staffers and community representatives
• We are building new partnerships and will have several more important developments to share in the coming months. (Are you getting our free email newsletter?)
12-month survey: #BGVR2019
Now, we have just a few more questions please?